The Director of CTO Initiatives position is a senior staff position that serves as the lead for key departmental initiatives and processes for the Global Products and Technology GPT department. This person will coordinate a variety of initiatives, with a focus on department financial and strategic planning processes, business analysis, key project management, and innovation initiatives.
This person will report to the Chief Technology Officer and spend much of their time with leaders from GPT and other departments. As such, the successful candidate will need to be able to earn the trust and respect of leaders across the company and collaborate with them to prioritize work and get results.
Responsibilities will include:
- Financial budget management across all functions within the department. Partner with finance teams and GPT department leads to manage the actuals reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the corporate and departmental priorities to provide optimal recommendations and decisions.
- Running a limited number of key in-flight projects, as well as help manage the innovation pipeline. Most projects will involve coordination with internal teams at Sungard AS, current and potential vendors and others.
- Lead the patent and open source program in conjunction with Legal, Security and the GPT Executive Assistant. Responsible for writing and managing company policies regarding innovation, intellectual property and the use of open source software in company products and services.
- Collaborate with Marketing to grow Sungard AS’ position as an industry thought leader. Tactics include blogging, conference speaker applications, and other public relations tasks.
The scope of this role will change as our priorities change, and the successful candidate must be comfortable with changes in strategy and the resulting priority shifts.
This position is open for most U.S. locations. Based on location, this position will require periodic travel (0-2 times per month) within the U.S. and potentially limited international travel (0-2 times per year).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in financial management, technical project management or similar experience
- Excellent business analysis skills and experience
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience running complex projects
- Able to work effectively as part of a senior team of managers and technologists
- Able to balance the need for quality research with dates and commitments
- Experience in a technology services environment is preferred
- Outstanding cross-department collaboration skills are a must
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or technology preferred
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.