Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for passionate and self-motivated Security Engineers who breathes security day in day out. SGAS is seeking a Security Engineer to join our Product Engineering team in India. In this role, you will work with product development partners to assure security adherence within the development of products and services created by the Product Engineering organization.
Primary responsibilities include analyzing software designs, implementations from a security perspective, and identifying and resolving security issues. You will assure the implementation of appropriate security analysis, defenses and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle, to result in robust and reliable product delivery.
The candidate must possess a firm understanding of both cloud-native and private infrastructure security designs and requirements in both a standalone and hybrid cloud model. Experience with virtualization platforms [VMware] and one or more cloud service providers [AWS, Azure, Google] is required. .
• Participate as an implementation agent in daily scrum activities and execution of security initiatives within the development programs lifecycle.
• Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
• Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
• Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
• Provide feedback into engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
• Contribute to all levels of the security architecture
• Maintain technical documentation
• Consult team members on secure coding practices
• Develop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
• Strong working knowledge of in VMware, and ESXi
• Python, ReST APIs, PoweShell, PoweCLI scripting
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills in complex stack
• Experience with multiple operating systems including various Linux flavors, MS-Windows, specifically systems administration, configuration activities.
• Experience in monitoring, logging, availability, clustering, scalability of compute infrastructure
• Experience in automation using various scripting and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet
• Exposure to basics of storage and networking
• Experience working in agile environment with DevOps
• VMware admin level experience
• Experience in Jira
Minimum 5-10 years of experience as software security engineer with experience in product development and/or solution engineering/implementation in service provider environment, specifically with security.
• Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
• Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
• Interest in all aspects of security research and development
Graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• VMware certification, RHEL and AWS certifications
• Security certifications such as CISSP.