Open Position: Senior-Technical Documentation
Location: Pune or Bengaluru, India
About Group and Culture
Product Engineering team in India is part of Sungard AS’ global product engineering team. We have been helping in designing and developing Sungard’s cloud offerings for last 5 years. We are now working on next generation of cloud platform using open source cloud platform called OpenStack based public cloud and managed cloud related activities. We also are working on developing various disaster recovery (DR) products for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud.
The team in India is mix of skilled software developers, systems engineers, architects who are strong on infrastructure and cloud platform and also strong web application development.
Sungard AS’s Cloud Product Engineering team is looking for passionate and talented people to join our growing team. We work in a relaxed atmosphere with a flexible schedule. We maintain a culture of technical excellence, but we have fun together, too. This is a product development position. If you are interested in building complex Cloud Products and Services, then this is a position you will definitely enjoy. This is an exciting position with a group that has a startup mentality.
- Work with product engineering team to create customer facing, user facing technical documentation of various products
- Create online help pages for portals of various products
- Present to and solicit feedback from various engineering, development and operations teams
- Work with product teams to understand requirements for new products and engineer solutions to provide.
- Work with existing engineering and operations teams to understand existing infrastructure and offering, and take advantage of current best practices
- Lead the process standardization for creating technical documentation across products
This role will be part of a small team of technology experts, each with differing areas of expertise. While the emphasis of this role will be focused on developing the long-term vision and POC’s for future of Sungard AS’s offerings, to be successful, the candidate will have significant background and technical knowledge in more than one of the following areas (or similar):
- Demonstrable working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Experience in creating online help for portals, FAQ, how-to and SOP guides with inputs from technical staff
- Experience in managing and maintaining large set of technical documentation
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience in converting complex technical concepts into text and pictures
- Experience with cloud platform and virtualization technology is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
- The ability to work as part of a global, virtual team
- A strong sense of self-motivation and work ethic
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- A passion for new technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
- College degree BE/ME/BTech/MTech/in relevant field (Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12 years of experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments
- Relevant ongoing education through certifications, formal or self-study