Senior Director - Global Product Management
London - SE1
The Senior Director, Global Product Management will deliver measurable business results through product solutions that meet both global market needs and company goals. In the role, you will manage all aspects of the Global Product Life Cycle for Sungard AS Security and Network Products and Services with significant company impact in new or established Product lines. Define new Products, and drive internal teams to the successful launch, market adoption, serviceability and profitable market growth of those Products. The Senior Director, Global Product Management supports the business as the expert for their products, drives the business architecture and product interoperability strategy across all products and services, and serves as a member of the broader Sungard AS leadership team.
1. Lead and develop a team of Product Managers including: training, coaching and mentoring the team to create a high-performing product management team.
2. Create and present a clear overall product vision, including product and market strategy for Security and Network Services.
3. Create a market driven strategic plan tied to 1-3 year market trends, analysis of existing and potential customers and deep understanding of competitive landscape through the mining of broad industry data.
4. Creating a shared awareness of the customer and market needs by the internal functions.
5. Driving the business architecture and product interoperability strategy in support of enhancing the Sungard AS customer experience. Ensuring that every service product has a fully defined service design that starts from the customer journey and that the service design is supported by the business, with defined roles responsibilities and organisational capabilities in place, owned, embedded and tracked.
6. Shaping the product solution including strategic and tactical roadmap and delivery plan for Security and Network Services.
7. Facilitating and supporting cross-functional and external activities required to achieve the planned objectives for Security and Network Services ensuring Sungard AS optimize customer demands.
8. Ensuring that Sungard AS meets our financial targets and well defined ROIs for each Security and Network Services including those related to both revenue maximization and profitability.
9. Identify and develop third party business opportunities for software or hardware products to complement Sungard AS Security and Network Products and Services.
10. Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
Extensive leadership experience in Product Management in IT managed services with specific experience in Managed Hosting, Security Services and Network Services. Essential
Strong Managed Hosting, Network and Security Services industry knowledge. Essential
Extensive experience of managing high-functioning team with proven experience in leading and growing teams. Essential
Ability to execute market research and translate those needs into business opportunities. Essential
Proven leadership and decision-making ability Essential
Excellent business planning skills and track record of defining, developing and launching successful products and services - Essential
Ability to synthesize information into a compelling story - Essential
Customer focus with interpersonal and influencing skills - Essential
Project coordination and planning skills - Essential
Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation skills - Essential
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining the company
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.