Business Development Manager
Permanent, Full Time
Working with an existing sales team to manage new business development activities within a specific vertical sector and to drive revenue in existing customers through the identification of opportunities to provide additional products and services.
- Identify and maintain a pipeline in line with targets provided.
- Establish a network of contacts within a given sector and maintain a schedule of communication to identify new opportunities and maintain fruitful relationships.
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events as required
- Ensure existing clients are fully aware of New developments within the Company’s product portfolio
- Create and follow a business plan focussed on growing the value of the sector and meeting defined targets.
- Regularly review forecasting on opportunities within the pipeline and feedback to your Sales Manager.
- Support the Head of Direct Sales Ireland and SVP European Sales in the delivery of Strategy and Targets for the organisation in line with business plans.
- Focus and support new Market initiatives
- Maintain and develop an in depth understanding of the IT Sector and the specalist sector.
- Maintain accurate records via Salesforce.com as required by the business and in line with Company Policy
- Work with the existing sale team and the Head of Direct Sales to enhance and develop the position of Sungard Availability Services Ireland within the Cloud Computing and Managed Services Irish marketplace
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
Your Experience & Knowledge
- Demonstrable commercial experience and proven track record
- Knowledge of the Cloud marketplace, trends and competitive landscape
- Knowledge of the IT Managed Services Market place
- High level of commercial awareness – identifying opportunities, structuring a deal, negotiating and closing sales
- In-depth knowledge of industry and current events (Desirable)
- Proven ability to deliver consistent results against financial targets over an extended period of time
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Ability to efficiently use MS Office suite
- Previous experience of a client management database, ideally SalesForce.com
- Ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge required
- Solution Selling and High-end Negotiation Skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent time management and organisation
- The ability to forecast accurately and consistently
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Must be able to learn the use of Sungard’s proprietary systems
- Reliable and Conscientious
- Possess a valid Irish Driving licence (desirable)
- Flexibility with Travel within Europe and North America when needed
- All candidate must be be eligible to work in the country of hire
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.