Position: Client Services Principal
Tittle: Recovery Solution Architect
The Client Services Principal is a lead technical customer management position working on SgAS’s large, complex accounts. You will direct the design, implementation and lifecycle management of SgAS solutions, leading a support team comprised of subject matter experts from multiple platforms, operating systems, storage and network technologies. As a trusted advisor, you will provide strategic business and technology support/counsel to your customer across both their production and recovery environments.
As the Client services Principal, you will be responsible for relationship development and management across key internal and customer stakeholders and executives to help translate their business needs into action.
- Document and understand the customer’s current, future / desired state, business goals and challenges, capabilities and IT investments
- Based on this understanding provide technical and strategic direction from initial solution design to steady-state, based on industry and SgAS best practices
- Serve as the single point of ownership for technology solutions and coordinate resources globally to optimize customer and SgAS value
- Implement and manage effective governance practices and procedures across contracted scope of responsibilities
- Develop highly productive customer relationships and become a Trusted Advisor by providing thought leadership to help shape and grow our value to the customer
- Direct lifecycle management (LCM) activities to maintain up to date technical documentation, including production & recovery configurations, application dependency maps, run books, patching schedules, overall solution architecture document, recovery strategies / plans and contract changes
- Develop recovery strategies to meet customer RTO/RPO and conduct periodic testing to document recoverability
- Manage service / relationship risk areas and takes steps to mitigate
- Contribute to securing renewals for expiring contracts by documenting and articulating our value to the customer
- Exceed SLA targets by driving service management disciplines around incident, change, and problem management
- Develop content and effectively lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and other strategic client meetings requested by the customer
Experience & Skills:
- 12+ years of professional IT experience with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience related to Enterprise Architecture/Engineering within complex environments
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Design and Solutions
- Well-rounded knowledge of and experience in multiple operating systems to understand complex customer environments and provide both excellent service and guidance.
- Windows Server
- Virtualization; including VMWare & HyperV
- Networking; including routing, security, and firewalls
- Storage & backup services/administration
- Database; Understanding of data models and data flows in complex multitier database and application environments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Not afraid to recommend solutions and services to customer (increase MRR)
- Familiarity with automated discovery and CMDB
- Ability to effectively and calmly lead internal and customer technical staff through crisis events and escalations
- Working understanding of ITIL and Service Management
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow a plus
- College degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Technology certifications preferred, such as MCSE, CCIE, RHCE, VCP, CCDP, ITILv3, etc.