About the Position
This position will be part of the Product Engineering team focused on development and delivery of new Recovery Services products and solutions. Specifically, The Product Engineering - Engineeris responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of new products based on product management requirements and priorities.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for passionate and self-motivated Systems Engineer who breathes infrastructure. You are, at core, an extra-ordinary systems engineer with flair for designing and solving infrastructure challenges for cloud platform. You will help design and build new solutions/features for next generation of Sungard’s offerings, by, specifically focussing on virtualization and data protection aspects. You will be required to work with product management; engineering and operations team and take complete ownership of delivering features assigned.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- VMware certification or Microsoft certification MCIT(Hyper-V, System Center), RHEL and AWS certifications
- Strong working knowledge of in one or more of NetBackup, TSM, EVAULT
- Strong working knowledge of in one or more of VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, AWS (Xen, EC2), Azure VM
- Experience with multiple operating systems including various Linux flavors, MS-Windows, specifically systems administration, configuration activities.
- Experience in monitoring, logging, availability, clustering, scalability of compute infrastructure
- Experience in automation using various scripting and configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Exposure to basics of storage and networking
- Exposure to containers technology
- Exposure with software defined data centers
- Exposure Python programming, REST APIs
Minimum 5-10 years of experience as systems/virtualization engineer in solution engineering/implementation in service provider environment. You may also have VM/workload migration across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.