Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for passionate and self-motivated full-stack Technical Architect for user interface development for Sungard AS cloud portals related projects. You code in Python for living. You are, at core, expert web applications developer with flair for designing and developing end-to-end web applications.
You will help build new features for portal. You will be required to work with product management and engineering for complete ownership of delivering features assigned. Your responsibilities include:
• Gather requirements and create technical specifications as needed, by working with Product Owner
• Design, architect various solutions, approached for implementing new features on the portal
• Work with Scrum Master to plan out sprints
• Mentor technical team
• Interface with other teams such as IT team for integration
• Write test-driven, maintainable code and follow industry standard Django and web development best practices.
• Code application layout and user interface elements based on documented design concepts.
• Implement new features and maintain existing features of production pipeline.
• Assist in the deployment of configured applications to our clients.
• Work with Project Managers and other team members to assure accurate timelines and deliverables.
• Collaborate with designers and fellow engineers to find elegant long-term solutions as well as creative quick-fixes to problems.
• Building back-end automation tools, based on Python, and modern JS.
• Taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of your code, from implementation to testing to user acceptance to deployment
Experience: 10-12 years, with 2-3 years as technical architect
• Proven experience with test-driven development in Python and Django, with unit testing
• Understanding of core concepts like OOP, design patterns, algorithms and how to run Python on a production server.
• Experience with one or more technologies such as AngularJS, BackboneJS, Coffeescript , Haml, jQuery, Bootstrap CSS
• Experience in developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum.
• Experience in back-end development, but you’re not afraid to dive into some front-end code to get a job done.
• Experience on working in UNIX environment, shell scripting.
• Experience with virtualization layer such VMware
• Strong exposure or experience with cloud environments such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure