Job Description for Lab Assistant
This person will report to the Lab Manager in Philadelphia, and work in the 6th floor lab.
The duties include being the right hand person to the Lab Manager in daily tasks associated with meeting the needs of the lab users. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in support labs, including topology, security, networking, SANs, switches, cabling, and racking. The ideal candidate will have experience in fast paced environment where success is a factor of getting things done, getting them done correctly, and meeting SLAs.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Go through manuals and specifications particularly to gauge layouts and ensure that all layout activities are managed accordingly
• Install data and FC san cables by performing running, pulling, terminating and splicing cables according to set cabling standards and specifications
• Ensure cables are installed and dressed neatly and proper management techniques are utilized.
• Verify cable services by testing circuits and equipment and ensuring that any non-conformities or problems are immediately addressed
• Document all work processes in log books by following standardized documentation processes and protocols
• Troubleshoot problems with existing cabling networks by interviewing clients to determine issues and performing physical inspections of equipment
• Create and maintain effective relationships with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate procurement of supplies and equipment
• Install cable pathways, raceways and attachments such as equipment racks, patch panels
• Perform terminating, labeling and connectivity testing activities by ensuring that they meet industry standards
• Inspect sites to determine material requirements and communicate them to Lab manager or vendors
• Respond to requests for corrective, preventative and general maintenance on cabling systems and components
• Set up and monitor testing of new and existing components and systems to ensure delivery of exceptional quality services
• Able to lift 20 lbs in performance of duties.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.