Network Support Analyst
The Network Support Analyst’s responsibilities include running all aspects of networking for customer’s recovery services testing and invocations. This includes configuring devices, patching and co-ordination with the customer and other teams, in depth troubleshooting of issues and the ability to provide cover for Managed Services support if required.
The Network Engineers and Network Analysts work together to complete Infrastructure Recovery/MRP or Recover 2 Cloud testing.
1. Responsibility for co-ordination of all resources required for a Communications test
2. Configuration of network devices, cable patching of network devices.
3. Liaise with customer and other teams in regards to comms setup for the test, identify and resolve any problems.
4. Provide technical troubleshooting to resolve issues real time.
5. Provide support for customer disaster invocations by being available to attend site to meet 3 hour 24/7 SLA on a call out rota.
6. To keep fully abreast of technical and industry developments relating to IT Technology and explore new opportunities to improve the network infrastructure
7. Carry out all operational tasks and duties as defined within existing Operational Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
8. Utilise SunGard Availability Services tools to manage the progress of an incident through to successful resolution and closure. This may include participating in the post-incident documentation and reporting.
9. Close working relationship with all support departments within SunGard’s technology teams, customers and external suppliers
10. Support the department in implementing ITIL best practice procedure in relation to all aspects of change and configuration management.
11. Ensure that technical documentation is up to date and relevant
12. Keep up to date with company policies and procedures
CCNA - Essential
CCNP - Desirable
JNCIA - Desirable
Cisco CCNA/CCNP routing and switching (IOS and CATOS) - Essential
Cisco Firewalls (ASA,PIX) - Essential
F5 Big IP Load Balancers - Desirable
JunOS - Desirable
Netscreen Firewalls - Desirable
Nokia Checkpoint Firewalls - Desirable
High levels of interpersonal skills - Essential
Innovative, creative and imaginative approach to solutions design and problem management -Essential
Generally adaptable approach, with ability to work under pressure - Essential
Willingness to accommodate a wide variety of tasks and duties, not necessarily specified in job descriptions – flexibility to work requirements - Essential
Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision - Essential
Willingness to work additional hours and adopt flexible patterns of work d and able to work with a minimum of supervision - Essential
Current UK driving license is required - Essential
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining the company
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.