The Enterprise IT Automation Architect will be responsible for assessing the current automation framework within Sungard AS (SgAS) and identifying opportunities for improvement and defining the implementation roadmap. This strategic roadmap will include not only new opportunities to leverage automation but also necessary architectural changes to the current automation framework. The framework and roadmap will cover all IT infrastructure stacks, Compute/Network/Storage as well as the end to end processes necessary to effectively deliver automated IT services to end users.
The Enterprise IT Automation Architect will manage a senior team of technology and process subject matter experts as well as guide the work of development resources from design through implementation.
- Gain an understanding and document the current and future state end-to-end Information Architecture of the various OSS Processes & Tools, and SgAS’s current automation framework
- Based on this understanding develop a future-state strategic and technical framework and roadmap for IT automation from design through implementation within with the automation team as well as technical leads from infrastructure domains like Compute, Storage, and Network etc.
- Serve as the single point of ownership for IT automation solutions
- Implement effective architecture design and development practices and procedures
- Develop and manage the overall and individual automation business cases and deliver to agreed-to budgets and timelines
- Lead technical architecture reviews in coordination with the Lead Solution Architects and various technical SME’s to determine if new products and solutions comply with the agreed to automation architecture
Experience & Skills:
- 10-12 years’ experience working with one or more top ITAS providers
- 5+ years’ experience in Orchestration & Automation of Infrastructure Implementation and Change in the areas of server/storage/network provisioning, and virtualization.
- Significant experience leading complex, multiple work streams within major technical projects, integrating internal and consulting resources
- Experience with agile SCRUM methodology to manage software development
- Expert in translating and documenting use cases and user stories from a product owner into a software service design
- Must have experience in defining service catalogues, provisioning workflows and subscription hierarchies.
- Experience with solution design and implementation of HP-CSA, HP Server Automation and HPE Enterprise Services SRA tools along with HPOO (Operations Orchestration), HP tools (SM/BSM/Service Now) and third party tools as well as VMware hypervisor base (or Hyper-V hypervisor base)
- Sound understanding of tools enabling cloud life cycle management, infrastructure provisioning automation, and service request management.
- TOGAF Certified
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Advanced degree preferred
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.