The Director of UX provides leadership, vision, and expertise in all aspects of user experience applied to enterprise software products. The ideal candidate is creative, strategic, and flexible, and must have a proven track record for creating highly impactful design solutions for Enterprise Software Products. Candidates must provide a portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wire frames, developing prototypes and delivering comprehensive specifications.
- Leverage customer relationships in coordination with product management team to gain insights into customer needs and behaviors that can be incorporated into product strategy and design.
- Collaborate effectively with product management and product development teams to successfully incorporate user experience insights and best practices into the Assurance product line.
- Participate in concept development, design ideation, and detailed specification of visual designs for user interfaces of the future and existing innovations, prototypes, demos and product.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user centered design process.
- Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes. Create visual designs and user Interface design that address business, brand, market, and user requirements, including design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, and interface elements.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years (post education) related UX design experience in Enterprise Software Products.
- BA/BS in design or related field, with significant industry experience. MA/MS in interface, graphic, information design a plus but not required.
- 3+ years experience leading a user experience group, including attracting talent to the team, accountability for the results, and providing strategy on the development of further user experience capabilities for your organization.
- An in-depth understanding of HTML, and the capabilities of web browsers is essential.
- Understanding of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography and color.
- Expert level proficiency with common design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, Blend, After Effects, Flash 3-D modeling, etc)
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in Agile product development preferable
- Passion for design and ability to effectively share your point of view and expertise with project team members.
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Collaborative in driving decision.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.