Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for passionate and self-motivated Cloud Engineer who breathes infrastructure as code. You are, at core, an extra-ordinary software engineer with flair for designing and solving infrastructure challenges for cloud platform with strong programming and automation background. You will help design, architect and build new solutions/features for next generation of Sungard’s offerings, by, specifically focussing on virtualization aspects. You will be required to work with product management; engineering and operations team and take complete ownership of delivering features assigned.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- VMware certification, RHEL and AWS certifications
- Strong working knowledge of in VMware, and vRA, vRO, ESXi
- Python, ReST APIs, PoweShell, PoweCLI scripting
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills in complex stack
- Experience with multiple operating systems including various Linux flavors, MS-Windows, specifically systems administration, configuration activities.
- Experience in monitoring, logging, availability, clustering, scalability of compute infrastructure
- Experience in automation using various scripting and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Exposure to basics of storage and networking
- Experience working in agile environment with DevOps
- Exposure to containers technology
- VMware admin level experience
- Experience with Packer tool
- Experience in AWS
- Experience in Jira/Jenkins
Minimum 5-10 years of experience as software engineer with experience in product development and/or solution engineering/implementation in service provider environment.