Manager vendor management
based in London SE1 or Hounslow TW4
Plan, organize and direct the technical purchasing function, vendor evaluation, vendor management and governance. Lead the contract consultation and negotiation services including contract reviews, analysis, negotiation and contract lifecycle management for the Company’s products and services
- Conducts customer / vendor satisfaction survey and leads corrective planning efforts.
- Maintains Vendor Management policies and implementing instructions.
- Supports the maintenance of the contract template library.
- Represent Infrastructure Vendor Strategy for all governance groups / meetings and cooperates with other departments (IT units, COO, Finance, Audit, Tax, Client, Legal and HR) to ensure full financial and full management process is understood and managed.
- In collaboration with Procurement, responsible for implementation, and continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures that deliver consistent and reliable services to the department through the vendor.
- Continually surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
- Stimulate ongoing process enhancements to realise increasing operational efficiency in business partner processes
- Supports Group Procurement to conduct requests for proposal, requests for information, and requests for quote (all RFxs)
- Ensure processes are in place for validation of payments, invoices and work orders for GVM suppliers and contracts.
- Develop and maintain relevant financial, operational and service metrics for the GVM that demonstrate the goals and objectives of the department.
- Address and manage contract disputes in collaboration with legal, procurement and finance teams.
- Be a liaison with IT teams and the Business with sourcing related activities.
- Act as a point of escalation for both external and internal parties for all service related issues related to services provision and /or 3rd party Vendor actions. This will extend to Customer specific issues when required and assigned by your line manager.
- In collaboration with procurement, participate in the establishment of ongoing governance of vendors. Be a resource to stakeholders for contract management and administration.
- Develop and maintain GVM artifacts and participate in supplier reviews. Review SLA and other operational metrics.
Hands-on in the RFQ process from beginning to end supporting Group Procurement including tracking all documents, artifacts and timelines so strong project management skills are required
Vendor or industry accreditations Desirable
Extensive and relevant IT business experience specifically in Supplier / Vendor Management Desirable
ITILv3 Service Management Essential
Commercial and Contractual negotiations Essential
Solid all round technical knowledge of Networking and IT Infrastructure and supporting software disciplines, standards and processes.
Experienced in Supplier (or Customer Service) Management
Good use of cost control techniques.
Commercial and Contractual negotiations
Proven skills in negotiation both buying and selling
Good oral, written and presentation communication skills. Must be a collaborator with a can-do attitude.
Experience of working with remote Global teams and introduction of aligned process and strategic delivery methods.
Well-developed customer facing skills, confident in handling internal customers, suppliers and partners
Capable of being flexible in approach and able to apply alternative methods to overcome problems in what is a dynamic environment.
Strong team-working skills
Some travelling overseas involved
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.