Tittle: Architect - Product Engineering (AWS)
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for passionate and self-motivated Lead Cloud Architect with a deep Software development background who wants to be at the cutting edge of cloud services. You are, at core, an expert developer with flair for designing and solving Public cloud adoption challenges with AWS.
You will help design, architect and develop new features for Sungard Availability Services products for AWS. You will be required to work with product management, product owner, engineering and operations team for complete ownership of delivering features assigned.
You need to be strong on AWS and public cloud application technologies. You have hands on experience with AWS platform and know how to work with them in Linux/Windows environments.
You will need to exhibit leadership skills in guiding a team of software developers.
You should have 10+ years’ experience in following technologies.
· Experience in designing solutions using one or more AWS features, tools and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, DirectConnect, AWS CLI, REST API, AWS billing.
· Networking: Experience with virtual firewalls, AWS DirectConnect, VPN tunnels.
· Linux/Windows: Experience working on Linux servers, Comfortable with shell scripting
· Strong Development experience with Python and Node JS.
· Experience with web development frameworks for Python/Node.js(eg: Django, flask, Sails.js)
· Experience in designing and developing RESTful API’s.
· Experience in addressing security aspects with various distributed infrastructure and web based solutions.
· Experience in creating solution architecture, work flows, PoCs, detailed design.
· Experience with cross functional teams such as QA, operations, various service design, implementation and delivery teams,
· Agile development methodology
Soft Skills Required
· Strong task delegation, team leadership, and designing skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
· The ability to communicate and influence business and technical staff.
· Experience working with third party vendors
· Experience in AWS
· Disaster Recovery knowledge