The Team Lead, Network Product Engineering, will join Sungard Availability Services Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we craft “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. This person will play a critical role in leading the development for SGAS Networking technologies. The position will report to the Network Director of Engineering.
- The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Provide technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs
- Provide expert consultation for major network initiatives
- Produce and/or endorse network standards
- Evaluate emerging technologies against global business strategy
- Understand key business objectives and strategy of the technology
- Work with Product Management to validate/implement user stories / tasks as necessary
- Provide technical clarity to the business objectives of the product requirements
- Lead, guide, mentor and hold accountable the network technology team and development partners.
- Work with lead customers as necessary to ensure “MVP” is actually a viable product
- Key participant in sprint planning, sprint demos, and other agile development related meetings
- Work with development team members to ensure a consistent technical landscape aligned to technical company strategic objectives;
- Drive product development and enhancements including market analysis and roadmap development
- Partner with engineering, product management, and technical writers to oversee the marketing efforts
- Collaborate with cross-functional Product Owners, team architects and team members to foster common design and framework adoption/re-use;
- Ability to communicate with Senior Management and technology staff at all levels.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology;
- 10+ years of technical experience in product engineering
- 5+ years of experience in an agile environment
- 5+ years of experience with virtual environments
- Direct experience with “traditional Network vendors” (such as Cisco, Juniper Networks, Palo Alto Networks, or Arista Networks, etc.);
- Direct experience with enterprise SDN technologies
- A background in scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, Bash, Powershell, etc.
- Knowledge of automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience designing, planning and building enterprise scale solutions.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment;
- Attention to detail and concern for quality, performance, scale, security and accuracy of final products;
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker;
- Agile and Object orient thinker, along with rapid problem solving skills;
- Great balance between business & technical decision making.
- A proven track record of driving success with open source software and technologies
- Experience leading geographically disperse teams
- Preferred location in Wayne, PA or other Sungard AS Office
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels locally, virtually & remotely. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.