The Business Development Representative is an entry level sales role designed to support the revenue generation of net new customers in a high performance sales environment. We are seeking a professional that has a strong work ethic, high aptitude for learning and who is seeking opportunity for growth and expansion of sales responsibility. The Business Development Representative will engage prospective clients via telephone, email, and social media to qualify their interest and fit for Sungard Availability Services, LP solutions and pass qualified leads to the sales team. It is expected that this individual will leverage all accessible tools, resources and support structure provided to meet and exceed all KPIs and revenue sales quota. This position provides an opportunity to sell leading edge solutions for one of the premier organizations in the industry while providing opportunity for future growth and advancement.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed. ?
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Execute business development programs as defined in Regional Go-to-Market strategy.
- Maintain desired outbound selling activities to increase Market awareness.
- Utilize knowledge of Sungard Availability Services products and services to define entry points into prospect accounts.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Account Executives on selling strategies and Account Plans
- Research and gather information about target Accounts in support of Key account plans while building prospect database
- Ensure all customer facing activity is recorded and maintained in Salesforce.com to provide the business with market data as well as pipeline growth.
Skills and Preferred Requirements:
- Related College Degree preferred
- One-plus year(s) of experience in a sales based environment preferred
- Proven ability to analyze and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple functional organizations to serve customer needs and to support the Enterprise Sales Teams as required
- Demonstration of key competencies: leadership, drive for results, dealing with ambiguity, customer orientation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively learn technical products, services, and solutions and readily apply new knowledge is required.
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information, and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to customer.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.