Provide world-class customer support and technical expertise for Sungard AS customers.
This diverse and technically talented team of Platform Architects consists of experts across Multiple Platforms, Operating Systems, Storage Configurations, Backup Technologies, and Network Technologies and Protocols.
The Platform Architect - Network (PA) is responsible for working with Sungard AS’s customers in a collaborative and consultative manner in either, or sometimes both, their Production environment or their Disaster Recovery environment.
In the Production environment, the individual will be responsible to develop, document and implement managed services network best practices. The ideal candidate is experienced in the managed services industry, has a strong technical background, and a solid understanding and experience with large enterprise network design. In addition, this role can see a decent amount of direct client engagement; often at the senior leadership and executive level. Strong communication skills are necessary.
In a Recovery environment, they would be responsible for planning recoveries of complex enterprise networks and overseeing the test of those recoveries. During customer engagements, the PA leads client discovery of the networking environment that feeds the development of comprehensive, application centric Solution Architectures that result in high availability of services.
Managed Services Efforts
- Being the single point of ownership for the customer solution during transition and lifecycle.
- Maintains a strong working understanding of customer’s network, systems & cloud architecture used to support the delivery of products & services.
- Track and route requests with documented change implementation plans to ensure successful adoption.
- Participate in Incident Management as necessary; work as part of a managed services support team responding to requests for technical assistance via phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Providing technical leadership and consultation to SME’s and Sungard AS customers.
- Collaborate with the Technical Account Manager to ensure customer environments are stable.
- The PA will conduct customer engagements in a collaborative manner.
- The PA will coordinate technical resources on the engagement and work with peer teams to delivery best in class network services.
- Work with customers to verify work performed meets and/or exceeds customer expectations
- Develop customer facing architecture documentation.
- Provide thought leadership in the area of DR.
- Developing and validating solution architectures that will enable Sungard’s customers to recover their business applications within the RTO/RPO objectives.
- Develop customer facing architecture and recovery strategy documentation.
- Ensure a successful fail-over and fail-back of the customer’s application during transition.
- Working with the customer to make design and configuration updates to their solution, as their platforms grow and change.
Position Technical Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of network and systems design principles including routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Network Architecture Design
- Skilled at gather requirements for Solution Design
- Able to consolidate multiple routing/switching/firewall configurations into one device
- Able to architect a solution for DMZ simulation
- Able to architect separate solutions for various scenarios during ATOT or ATOD
- Able to create step by step network procedures based upon solutions.
- Able to provide Best Practices around for:
- Load Balancing
- Proficient in multiple of the following:
- AWS Direct Connect and VPN
- Cisco 2900, 3500 through 4900 Series switches
- Cisco 6500 Catalyst Series (FWSM, ACE, CSM, SSL Modules)
- Cisco Nexus 1v, 3K, 5K, 6K, 7K, and 9K series with VTP
- Ciena 6500
- Experienced knowledge with:
- EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, LACP, SVI, VRF, OTV/VPLS 802.xx Protocols, etc.
- Cisco 2800 through 7500 Series, ASR routers
- Juniper J series, M series,
- Experienced knowledge with:
- MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, BGP, VRF, VPN. 802.xx Protocols, etc.
- Cisco Pix, ASA, FWSM
- Juniper/Netscreen SA, SG/ISG, SRX
- Checkpoint (UTM-1, IPSO SecurePlatfrom, GAIA platforms), Open Server SPLAT
- VPN Site-to-Site, Thin Client, Full Tunnel, SSL AnyConnect/WebVPN, GRE Tunnels, Trustpoints, Access-lists, DMZ environments, 802.xx Protocols, etc.
- Load Balancer
- F5 Big-IP LTM and GTM Appliances
- Cisco CSS, ACE, CSM Modules and Appliances
- Context, Load Balancing, Virtual server, pools, rules and traffic management.
- IDS / IPS
- Alert logic threat & log manager
- Experience with VCE vBlock a BIG Plus.
Position Personal Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technology discipline or equivalent experience.
- Technology certifications (MCSE, CCIE, RHCE, VCP, CCDP, ITILv3, etc.)
- Excellent planning, relationship building, and problem solving skills
- Proficient in IT Managed operations (Change Management, Problem Management, Incident Management, etc)
- Manage individual work to exceptional customer satisfaction levels at all times
- Display a sense of urgency and desire to exceed customer expectations
- Able to analyze technical documentation and identify gaps/risks
- Strong written skills to produce professional technical documentation
- Skilled in Visio, MS Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to lead customer-facing technical working sessions
- Comfortable running workshops and presenting to customers
- Excellent communication skills
SunGard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
SunGard AS is an equal opportunity employer.
Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.