UK - Theale RG7
Permanent, Full Time
To provide legal assistance and contract support functions to Sungard AS contract department through reviewing, gathering, organizing and processing information relevant to preparing, reviewing and negotiating legal contracts for customers/vendors and performing work related thereto. This role contributes to the smooth operation of the department and ensuring that Sungard AS business and legal standards and requirements within the business are upheld.
1. Check and edit legal forms and documents to ensure their level of accuracy.
2. Review, draft and respond to various contractual documents (e.g., customer and vendor contracts, NDAs, Partner Agreements, RFPs) in line with corporate standards and legal & commercial practices, including but not limited to:- commercial terms & conditions, legal obligations of sales, distribution, logistic, service contracts
3. Provide training and commercial support to sales staff to further their understanding of the standard legal forms;
4. Respond to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions;
5. Present opportunities, negotiation strategy and activity progress;
6. Provide peers and the Senior Management Team with advice and early warning regarding issues for further decision-making
7. Work cross-region with global solutions, legal, financial, service and sales teams to maintain commercial integrity, assess risks and minimise costs, while at the same time securing optimal returns;
8. Assist with legal disputes and debt collection to ensure its timely collection.
9. Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
Law Degree, similar legal qualification OR equivalent experience - Essential
Educated to A-Level standard – Essential
Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional contracts in firm or in house - Essential
Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices - Essential
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Essential
General understanding of IT service contracts and concepts and contracts - Desirable
Ability to draft documents in a clear and concise manner to address customer contractual issues with minimal oversight.
Ability to effectively and efficiently negotiate customer contracts.
Ability to escalate and make recommendations to manager, counsel and, when applicable, senior management for potential resolution of contractual issues.
Proactive self-starter with strong leadership skills
Excellent spoken and written communication skills
High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Respect for confidential information
High degree of initiative
Proactive and able to identify issues, legal risks and potential liabilities
Strong business orientation
Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with little stress.
Ability to identify, report and escalate business issues to the applicable line of business.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining the company
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.