Sungard’s User Experience team is seeking a mid-level Interaction Designer to create solutions that increase customer satisfaction, drive cost savings and foster innovation for their increasing customer base. The ideal candidate knows how to align business strategy with established human factors and usability methodologies. Use your knowledge to define task and transactional focused user experiences that enhance workflow efficiencies while reducing maintenance costs. As an Interaction Designer you will be involved in all aspects of user experience including: business & user needs analysis, high & low fidelity prototyping, usability testing, and following deployment, monitoring usage and measuring adoption success. The successful candidate will play a rewarding role as the focal point for advocating usability design and coordinating usability feedback and will serve in identifying technological and design trends and incorporating them into the products consistently through the use of visualization.
- The interaction Designer will profile each product user type and conceive effective visualization through iterative prototyping of user interface design including but not limited to - information architecture, navigation, live data presentation, configuration screens, images, icon and component libraries, product naming /segmentation and visual instructions. They will oversee and maintain the prototype libraries of the company products and validate approaches through usability testing, user research, and hands on customer validation sessions.
- The most competitive candidate will have the following:
- Work closely with UX team members, product managers and development teams to build wireframes, storyboards, interaction notes, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of the new products and features.
- Help define user interface design guidelines to optimize ease-of-use and achieve a distinctive, integrated and consistent interaction model.
- Ability to visualize interfaces for Tablet and Smart Phone (IOS, Android & mobile Web)
- Strong problem solving abilities and analytical skills, and must be able to integrate quickly into the team and work independently toward team goals.
- Deliver compelling visualizations and champion interaction design concepts to peers and development team members
- Ability to follow style guides, established brand guidelines and complex brand architectures.
- Experience with current and emerging web technologies, including HTML 5, CSS 3 and mobile platforms in order to accurately represent them in high fidelity visualizations.
- Ability to turn interaction models, pattern libraries and wireframes into consistent and cohesive user experiences.
- Proven ability to design though wireframe and prototype development.
- Hands-on experience with project deliverables - discovery findings, heuristic evaluations, information architecture, wireframes, interaction specifications, and user interface guides, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience designing and implementing commercial software.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced agile environment, and be a motivated self-starter and able to efficiently manage your time
- Experience with visualization techniques using prototyping tools and libraries
- Align business requirements, user centered design methodology and technology factors to create low and high fidelity interactive prototypes for the purposes of validating business requirements and conducting usability testing.
- Develop screen-flow diagrams & UI spec documentation while considering localization, scalability, and ease of maintenance in all solutions
- Act as a user experience evangelist within diversely skilled project teams
- Engage business and technical team stakeholders for feedback and validation, and assist with validating and measuring user experience success via usability testing and post deployment evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to define new approaches to complex design problems and convey solutions in the form of presentations, click through prototypes, and design specifications.
- Strong understanding of browser-related user interface and backend technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with visualization tools like Axure, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Knowledgeable about current trends within web application design
- Must be process driven, possess strong interaction design skills, careful attention to detail and have a solid understanding of user centered design principles.
- Tablet and Smart Phone UX development knowledge.
- A strong understanding of web design best practices, usability techniques, and the technical capabilities and limitations of the web
- Ability to reproduce design intent with a high degree of fidelity
- Cross browser development experience targeting popular Internet browser technologies including MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Google Chrome.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.