Procurement Global Category Director
Alternate Location(s): Virtual Office - 680 E Swedesford Road
Area and Site: Wayne-PA
Area and Site: Wayne-PA
Category Director owns, manages, and drives a measurable improvement in Sungard Availability Services’ procurement strategies and initiatives.
- You are a leader, hardworking, collaborative, team player and competitive type that is driven to succeed and high performance with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent with excellent business management skills.
- Have extensive commercial, sourcing and experience working in Information Technology environment supporting data center centric business.
- Executive presence
- Drive significantly cost down for assigned global spend of a given category within fiscal and multi years plans in a fast paced environment.
- Identify, initiate and lead comprehensive cost reduction strategies and initiatives by utilizing all levers of the category such as pricing, leveraging spend, demand management, compliance management, standardization, and designing for cost in collaboration with engineering, sales, operations, finance and products.
- Establish excellent strategic and business alignment by building strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and internal business partners individually and through cross-functional teams.
- Remain current with future trends within the marketplace by maintaining relationships with vendors, potential competitors, and other market experts; recommend new technologies and solutions.
- Conduct quarterly supplier management reviews
- Excellent strategic contract negotiations, project management, business management, analytical and problem solving skills inclusive of internal and market data mining for developing proactive sourcing strategies.
- Excellent commercial skills from negotiating complex contracts, redlining of actual contract language for both legal and commercial provisions to fully understanding the market and technical dynamics in key information technology segments such hardware, software, services, etc., related to a given spend.
- Must be innovative, creative and proactive in finding solutions to complex commercial situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to proactively build relationships and manage expectations across internal and external resources and for the development of RFIs, RFPs, Contracts, Presentations and overall sourcing strategy.
- Excellent business acumen, strategic, leadership and change management skills with proven experience.
- Demonstrated track record of high motivation and self-initiative through goals achievement.
- Organizational awareness, strategic planning, and team oriented; collaborative
- Key competencies would include: Strategic Planning, Teamwork, and coaching of less tenured staff
- Excellent business case and pricing analysis, negotiation and supplier management skills
- College degree required; MBA, JD, or Post Graduate degrees highly preferred
- 8-15 years of previous experience within relevant functional experience
- Must be proficient in Excel, PPT, Word, and highly familiar utilizing ERP tool in a fast paced environment.
- Must have experience in supporting data center centric environments and enterprises with multi-dimensional technical, commercial, operational knowledge and experience.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or APP Certification a plus
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Show On Map: