The Operations Technician will be a part of the Managed Services segment of Sungard Availability Services, which handles colocation and various managed service solutions for a wide variety of customers ranging from small to enterprise-levels. In this Operations role, one will interface directly with the customer on a daily basis and collaborate with internal teams to complete projects. This is an active, hands-on role which relies on problem solving capabilities and self-reliance.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- You should be Self-motivated and a Quick learner.
- Easily assume responsibility, work with minimum supervision.
- Competent and reliable professional, committed to top quality work.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A team player who works well with others.
- Highly adaptable at learning and understanding new procedures and techniques
- Assist with technology installation, which includes setting up cabinets, racking equipment, and cabling devices.
- Assist with building Windows-based operating systems and device configurations.
- Provide onsite support for device troubleshooting to include power cycles/reboots, cable testing/replacement, and media handling support.
- Assist Sungard Centralized Operations/Engineering, Project Management, and Customer Service teams in support of customer requirements when engaged.
- Provide on-site customer service to clients while working within the data center.
- Provide on-site vendor support for maintenance, break/fix, and/or upgrades.
- Understand and follow defined standard operating procedures.
- Understand the data center’s infrastructure components and supporting tool set.
- Respond to and update tickets in accordance with department procedures.
- Perform written and verbal turnover of open issues/upcoming maintenance at the end of each shift.
- Receive and ship inventory as required.
- Project Management
- Cleanliness of Data Center
- Ensure that the facility inventory is updated and accurate on a regular basis, based upon moves, adds, and changes.
- Perform data center walk-through during each shift to check for abnormal conditions such as unlocked cabinets/cages, unlocked PDUs, audible/visual alarms on equipment.
- When appropriate, escalate issues quickly and efficiently in order to solve problems within Sungard’s Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Issue problem, change, and request tickets when necessary for both Sungard infrastructure and customer environments.
- Understand the facility support systems (power, HVAC, fire detection/suppression, security); respond to alarms in accordance with department procedures.
- Ensure data center is clean and in tour-ready condition.
- Must work some holidays and have the flexibility to work extra shifts as required by management.
- Perform daily tape rotations, loading scratch tapes, processing offsite paperwork & updating procedures when necessary.
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Understanding of Windows-based operating systems.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux-based operating systems a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office-based applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Experience with physical configuration and maintenance/troubleshooting of Enterprise level hardware.
- Preferred experience in Layer 1 telephony trouble shooting to include telephony troubleshooting equipment.
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated flexibility and organization.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage assigned tasks with limited management input.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must have physical ability to maneuver in narrow aisles to install/troubleshoot equipment, ability to climb a ladder and crawl under raised floor to install/troubleshoot cabling.
- Previous data center experience a plus.
- Additional experience in the following areas a plus: Help Desk, Network Administration/Systems Administration, Technical Account Management.
Graveyard: Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.