Area and Site: Philadelphia-PA
About the Position:
This position will be part of the Product Engineering team focused on development and delivery of new Recovery Services products and solutions. Specifically, The Product Engineering Architect is responsible for the architecture, design, development, and testing of new products based on product management requirements and priorities. The Product Engineering Architect will also be responsible for leading Product Engineering development / feature teams.
The successful candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively throughout the organization, advise and consult with other organizations on technology-related topics. Specific responsibilities include:
- Understanding Product Management requirements and translating those requirements into user stories, use cases, and development tasks.
- Produce documentation of use cases, development tasks, and development workload estimates
- Present to and solicit feedback from various engineering, development and operations teams
- Work with existing engineering and operations teams to understand existing infrastructure and offerings, and take advantage of current best practices
- Lead the development of offering proofs-of-concept and effectively transition those concepts to the lines of business for full architecture, engineering, deployment and commercialization
This role will be part of the Global Product Engineering team, with a focus on Recovery Services products. Partner with peer architectures in Product Engineering to gain leverage of other product and services already in place or currently in development. To be successful, the candidate will have significant background and technical knowledge in more than one of of the following areas (or similar):
- Core knowledge in storage, compute, network, security and related infrastructure, for example: operating systems, network routing protocols, SAN and storage platforms, etc.
- Core knowledge in VMware technologies and multi-tenant environments
- Integration technologies, such as service buses, web services, APIs
- Cloud, infrastructure, systems automation and tools. Sample platforms would be Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Application and infrastructure monitoring and management platforms or technologies
- One or more application and/or database platforms, for example: Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Service provider operational and/or business systems
- Full lifecycle IT product development experience from concept to implementation with a focus on architecting and designing solutions
Additionally, the successful candidate must possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
- The ability to work as part of a global, virtual team
- A strong sense of self-motivation and work ethic
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into concepts and solutions
- A willingness to travel as needed, expecting to average 20 - 25%
- A passion for new technology and innovation
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant work experience.
- 7-10 years experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments
- Relevant ongoing education through certifications, formal or self-study
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.