Area and Site: Philadelphia-PA
The Facilities Technician will manage major building systems operations (electrical/hvac/fire/security etc.), facilities maintenance, health, safety and environmental compliance within technology intensive mission critical 7x24 facilities. The Facilities Technician will be required to oversee implementation of electrical power circuits by a certified electrical vendor in compliance with the NEC. The Facilities Technician will be required to support basic Mechanical system failures. The Facilities Technician will be on call 7x24x365 and will be required to respond to regional facilities concerns and emergencies either directly or utilizing local service vendors. The successful candidate will also assist with facilities related operating budgets to include capital planning. Some travel is required.
- Work directly with the Director of Data Center Engineering overseeing the region. This will include collaborating with other internal personnel and external Architectural, Engineering & Construction professionals. Some travel will be required.
- Oversee implementation of electrical power circuits in compliance with the NEC.
- Oversee Maintenance contracts for all facility electrical, mechanical & life safety requirements.
- Manage facility maintenance vendors to ensure facility cleanliness and appearance.
- Proved Facilities Uptime reports
- Provide Facilities Capacity Planning reports
- Proved Facilities Uptime reports
- Oversee the change management processed are followed for work associated with a projects and repairs.
- Utilize Project Planning tools to communicate project status and milestones
- Utilize the problem/change management systems to record, update, respond to and close facility related problems/changes.
- Provide input to upper management on capital expenditures during budgetary planning.
- Process facility related invoices in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of both EPA and OSHA requirements, fire and life safety codes, building and property management knowledge via newsletters, seminars or formal education classes.
Job Experience/Skills and Competencies/Knowledge
Required Experience/Skills and Competencies/Knowledge
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years general facilities experience..
- Knowledge of Mechanical Systems - Heating and cooling
- Knowledge of Electrical systems – UPS, Transformers, Power Distribution Systems, Electrical Switching Equipment and Circuit Breaker Panels & wiring
- Knowledge of Security Access and Monitoring systems
- Knowledge of Building Management control systems and Environmental Monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of CAD systems
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communications skills are essential; keen ability to communicate technical details with a clear, concise and compelling writing style critical.
- Strong negotiations and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong ability to multitask and manage multiple changing priorities
- Detail-minded, deadline-oriented and organized with the ability to work on many varied tasks under time pressures in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong proficiency in Windows based applications including (Word, MS Project, Lotus Notes).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project) and Lotus Notes.
- Desire to exceed expectations in a busy environment.
- Proven ability to interpret and answer customer requirements in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Positive customer service attitude.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Availability for 24x7x365 on call duty is required for this position
Preferred Experience/Skills and Competencies/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and Project management skills a plus
- 3-4 years of vendor management and/or Strategic Sourcing in a Facilities Environment preferred
- Service management experience preferred.
- The physical activity requirements of the position are Light to moderate Physical Work.
- Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision.
- Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Show On Map: