Area and Site: Virtual Office - CAN
The Product Owner will join the Sungard Availability Services Global Product Engineering team during a dynamic and exciting time as we craft “cloud first” solutions that help our customers transform in an ecosystem where always-recoverable and available environments are now mandatory. This person will play a critical role in leading the development for SGAS Storage Services technologies. You will be responsible for incorporating the highest levels of automation & orchestration of storage technologies into SGAS solutions in a consistent, object oriented and scalable way. The position will report to the Director of Storage Services.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Understand key business objectives and strategy of the technology
- Work with Product Management to prioritize epics and create user stories / tasks as necessary
- Prioritize the backlog based on the business objectives
- Provide technical clarity to the business objectives of the product requirements
- Work with our feature teams to clarify the requirements of any user stories as needed
- Lead, guide, mentor and hold accountable the storage services technology team and development partners.
- Work with lead customers as necessary to ensure “MVP” is actually a viable product
- Participate in scrum meetings to help remove any internal/external roadblocks
- Lead sprint planning, sprint demos, and other agile development related meetings
- Work with development team members to ensure a consistent technical landscape aligned to technical company strategic objectives;
- Partner with other technology leadership in execution of the Product Engineering’s technology vision;
- Drive product development and enhancements including market analysis and roadmap development
- Partner with engineering, product management, and technical writers to oversee the marketing efforts
- Collaborate with cross-functional Product Owners, team architects and team members to foster common design and framework adoption/re-use;
- Ability to communicate with Senior Management and technology staff at all levels.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology;
- 10+ years of technical experience in engineering with an emphasis on storage infrastructure design and implementation
- 5+ years of experience in an agile environment
- 2+ years of experience with VMware and/or OpenStack environments
- Experience and expertise in multi-tenant solutions, PCI compliance, and other security/access control solutions
- Direct experience with “traditional storage vendors” (such as Dell/EMC, Netapp, HDS, IBM, etc.);
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail and concern for quality, performance, scale, security and accuracy of final products
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker
- Agile and Object orient thinker, along with rapid problem solving skills
- Great balance between business & technical decision making.
- A proven track record of driving success with open source software and technologies
- Experience leading geographically disperse teams
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels locally, virtually & remotely. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.