Senior Consultant - security
Location: London Waterloo SE1
Permanent, Full Time
SunGard Availability Services (SunGard AS) Consulting Services' provides technology services to help our customers remain available, adaptable and operationally excellent. We do this by advising and supporting our customers in the management of risk for their mission critical processes, systems, and people. Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, Sungard is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting, business continuity risk management services as well as business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep people, process and information connected. Within Sungard AS, the Consulting Services division is migrating to a partner based consulting model. Our goal is to drive more strategic value to our customers through deeper relationships with broader risk based service offerings.
In this role, you will be a Senior Consultant within the Technology Architecture Service Line (in Consulting Services). You will primarily be responsible for Information Security and Data Governance project presales and delivery.
Technology Architecture solutions help you design and implement business and technology architectures that are highly available, recoverable across your current infrastructure, and flexible enough to support emerging cloud-based platforms and providers.
INFORMATION SECURITY & DATA GOVERNANCE:
Design and deliver capabilities that enable the management of security, privacy, regulatory compliance and overall risk throughout the data lifecycle.
- Security Strategy & Architecture. Perform holistic security, privacy, and risk management program assessment, strategy, and design, resulting in better structure, policies, and practices for client organizations. These services include Enterprise Risk assessments through risk management program development.
- Vulnerability Assessment and Advisory Services. Provides clients with comprehensive technical security analyses and inspection of IT systems to identify information security flaws and deliver actionable mitigation strategies. These services include overall vulnerability assessments and penetration testing through migration support.
- Security Operations. Delivers expertise and implementation of security functions for clients to improve their ability to perform security tasks. Services include: Vulnerability Management Program Development as well as documentation and training development.
SENIOR CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Presales support at the direction of the Security Consulting Practice Leader
- Attaining Billable Utilization (50%) on security projects
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to clients and staff.
- Leading small teams through delivery of Information Security solutions and serve as mentors to Consultants.
- Junior Subject Matter Expert (technical or business analyst) within Information Security.
- Understanding of Technology Architecture delivery methodologies and have the ability to speak to client personnel about them.
- Assist in the execution and delivery of consulting projects.
o Provide input to the project manager when he/she is developing the project plan.
o Be able build out solution offering deliverables from loosely defined specifications.
o Be able to review and provide feedback on functional and technical documents/deliverables created by other team members.
o Be able to create requirements documents, design documents, test plans/cases, etc.
o Serve as backup for project manager in his/her absence.
o Propose suggestions to make the project more productive or successful to project management in a tactful manner.
- Building and managing relationships with clients
- TRAVEL is estimated to be up to 50% within the UK (Ireland, France, Nordics)
Educational / Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical) at an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
At least two of the following credentials:
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or equivalent
- CREST (The Council for Registered Ethical Security Testers)
- Tigerscheme certification for IT Security specialists
- UK Security Check (SC)
- Possess a strong track record managing small teams.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the Information Security domain with specialty knowledge and skills in:
- GDPR and related UK / EU Regulatory Standards
- Penetration testing.
- Web application assessments.
- PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX and compliance assessments.
- ISO 27002, COBIT, ITIL, BS25999.
- Security response and forensic services.
- Security architecture and design/Security program development.
- Security awareness program and training.
- Security device implementation (i.e., firewalls, IDS/IPS/ IdM, DLP, encryption, PKO, etc.).
- Security code reviews/ Resilience and risk management experience.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a client relationship within your current project.
- Possess a strong track record in delivering Information Security and Data Governance solutions.
- Some Technical Pre-sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational capabilities.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of hire and complete SC clearance.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.