Senior Transformation Consultant - consulting
Location: London Waterloo SE1 or Theale RG7
Permanent, Full Time
Responsible for supporting sales and delivery of infrastructure and hybrid cloud solutions within the UKI but also across EMEA. The Senior Transformation Consultant will be expected to lead and deliver on consulting projects and contribute to the overall development of the CIT Practice.
The role will focus on leading and delivering hybrid technology transformation elements of an engagement.
- Working within delivery teams to drive consistent, predictable and scalable delivery of solutions and services ensuring successful completion of client engagements as well as overall client satisfaction
- Provide advisory consultancy to shape hybrid cloud platform and enable customer to embrace digital transformation
- Assess Service maturity, platform adoption readiness based on aspects such as infrastructure readiness, organisation readiness / governance structure and process readiness
- Assist in moving the ideas from concept stage to initiation with a roadmap for change
- Complete workload discovery and profiling sprints. This includes profiling associated business processes and infrastructure relationships using automated discovery tools and service owner workshops
- Establish and develop application dependency tree maps. Classify application criticality characteristics and associated lifecycle stage. Undertake detailed, multi-source dependency analysis to ensure risk mitigation in workload and data migration
- In depth workload view to ensure economic, technical and architectural fit with appropriate hybrid infrastructures and migration approaches. Define how the application will move to selected target platform and associated complexity details.
- Complete economic analysis and develop detailed business case including TCO / ROI details
- Participating in and creation of material during the analysis and design phase of engagements using structured analysis methods, tools and techniques
- Presenting and creating material that outlines options to clients to support their decision to transform
- Acting as quality gate review of infrastructure consulting deliverables
- Leading small to medium sized technical engagements and technology streams within larger programmes
- Strong stakeholder management qualities are essential for the success of this role.
- Willing to travel. This position will require at least 75% of the candidates time on site with the customer (Europe wide)
- Accountable for consistent, predictable and scalable delivery of solutions and services and to ensure successful completion of client engagements as well as overall client satisfaction
- Assist in Practice growth through mentoring technical professionals and development of key architectural / technical infrastructure intellectual capital
- Represent SungardAS and present at external forums and events, acting as a subject matter expert in the area of Infrastructure and Cloud Transformation
- Continually develop own management, consulting and subject expertise as required by the practice
- AWS / VMware/ Azure cloud transformation experience
- SC Clearance
- TOGAF-10 (Desirable)
- Exceptional consulting skills, including methods, tools and techniques to apply within an IT transformation context
- Strong knowledge and working experience of architecture design from building block to component level across a number of clients and verticals
- Extensive demonstrable experience in technical strategy and architecture development and design within a big 5, other significant branded consultancy or systems integrator environment
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies across server, storage, networks and integration technologies with a strong appreciation of cloud strategies, tools and technologies
- This position requires strong communication and presentation skills, business development acumen, a well-developed technical aptitude, the ability to work successfully as part of a team, and a strong industry background
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to both work effectively, influence and develop trusted relationships at senior levels in client organisations
- Leading complex engagements within the IT infrastructure space, of particular relevance would be engagements focused on private and hybrid cloud model development, Data Centre consolidation, post M&A integration, shared services development, cost optimisation and sourcing transformation (Mandatory)
- Appreciation of enterprise and system / application architecture
- Deep understanding of, and be able to articulate the hybrid transformational journey in both business value and technology terms to a variety of client business and IT stakeholder groups. Their understanding of methods, tools, techniques and experience in the architecture area will help both sustain and accelerate such transformation programmes
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.