Area and Site: Philadelphia-PA
Sungard AS’s cloud engineering team is looking for a Cloud Architect to join an engineering team that is experiencing explosive growth! If you have experience building scalable distributed systems don’t hesitate to throw your hat in the ring!
- Conduct extensive research into emerging and existing technologies related to above strategic initiatives
- Produce quality documentation of use cases, business and technical solutions and concepts
- Present to and solicit feedback from various engineering, development and operations teams
- Work with product teams in an advisory capacity to understand current products and roadmaps to help these teams develop innovative future offerings
- Work with existing engineering and operations teams to understand existing infrastructure and offering, and take advantage of current best practices
- Lead the development of offering proofs-of-concept and effectively transition those concepts to the lines of business for full architecture, engineering, deployment and commercialization
- Act as a mentor to the engineering team
- This role will be part of a small team of technology experts, each with differing areas of expertise. While the emphasis of this role will be focused on developing the long-term vision and POC’s for future of Sungard AS’s offerings, to be successful, the candidate will have significant background and technical knowledge in more than one of the following areas (or similar):
- You should have experience as a technical lead, working with large distributed teams and determining, explaining, documenting and implementing technical strategy.
- You should have experience in as software development environment- working on complex projects that combine systems design and software engineering. Cloud, infrastructure, systems automation and tools. Sample platforms would be Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Must have relevant Service Provider experience working with infrastructure monitoring and management platforms or technologies and applications
- Core knowledge in storage, compute, network, security and related infrastructure, for example: operating systems, network routing protocols, SAN and storage platforms, etc.
- Understanding of the Agile development process
- Additionally, the successful candidate must possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
- The ability to work as part of a global, virtual team
- A strong sense of self-motivation and work ethic
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into lucid concepts and solutions
- A passion for new technology and innovation
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred, with graduate degree also preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience working with enterprise IT or service provider environments
- Relevant ongoing education through certifications, formal or self-study
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.