Business Resilience Consultant
UK wide (Europe travel may and will be required)
Permanent, Full Time
A Business Resilience Consultant is sought to help Sungard Availability Services’ clients develop their cabaility to anticipate, prevent, respond and recover from disruptive incidents. As an all rounder you will be comfortable moving beyond the boundaries of traditional Business Continuity and be able to advise organisations on how to harness resilience elements such as third party relationships, security and IT Service Continuity to manage operational business risk in an effective and efficient manner.
- Advises clients on best practice Business Resilience.
- Provides subject matter expertise, training and facilitation to help clients build internal business resilience capability.
- Conducts Risk Assessments, Operational Process Decompositions and Business Impact Analyses and designs, develops and drafts business resilience policies, strategies and plans.
- Carries out Business Resilience Audits using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Carries business continuity and emergency management programmes for regulated clients in line with industry specific standards and best practice such as the Civil Contingencies Act.
- Provides expert contribution to client organisations ISO 22301 (formal information business continuity accreditation) programs.
- Supports pre-sales activities by building relationships with clients and partners and promoting the brand within the market.
- Helps the Head of Practice develop Business Resilience consulting offerings that add value to the core Sungard Avaliability Services core products and services.
- Works supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Good first degree or equivalent.
- Certification to relevant industry bodies such as; BCI, DRI, CISSP, IR.
- Experience of relevant international standards for resilience, risk management, information security and service continuity.
- Consultancy experience or proven success from an established tenure in related roles in industry.
- Technical experience with: IT Service Management, IT Service Continuity, Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Security, Risk Management, Supply Chain Resilience, Disaster Recovery
- A track record in Business Resilience & Continuity or Emergency & Crisis Management strategy development and execution
- Understands the internal and external client business factors impacting projects and manages client assignments effectively by delivering timely solutions while balancing priorities and managing time effectively
- Understands the consulting environment and its commercial aspects
- Uses a range of techniques, including facilitation, coaching and mentoring to deliver solutions of mutual benefit to clients and consultants
- Acts as a leader / adviser /coach to others in own area of discipline
- All candidates MUST be eligible to be put through SC level security clearance.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.