Education Required: High School Diploma
Department: CO Bank - University Hills
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Job ID: 10909
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Banking Center Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Do you love helping people? Do you have a background in finance or banking and want a career that is rewarding with a chance to grow? Do you want to work for a great company and an awesome team? If so, please keep reading!
This position has responsibilities as both a Teller and a Personal Banker. Incumbent must efficiently process a variety of customer transactions, generate business and deepen relationships by selling products and services to potential and existing customers. Responsibilities include providing high quality customer service while achieving sales goals and supporting other banking center staff as needed.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting customers and facilitating a welcoming and customer-focused environment.
- Processing customer transactions efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a balanced cash drawer and adhering to internal controls and procedures.
- Selling financial products (e.g. Credit Cards, CD's IRA's, Loans).
- Opening deposit accounts and taking loan applications.
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns and creating positive solutions.
- Recognizing and referring cross-sell opportunities.
- Performing daily/weekly sales reporting.
- Interviewing and processing consumer loan/credit line requests for customers, and obtaining referrals from loan customers.
- Quoting rates, terms and programs for loan customer requests.
- Supporting other sales associates as needed.
*This list includes the current primary responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be all- inclusive and is subject to change, as needed, for the purpose of operational efficiency.
- Minimum of one year of previous banking experience.
- Minimum of 6 months of cash handling experience in a retail sales environment and/or previous banking
- Excellent client-service skills, including oral and written communication with exceptional influencing skills.
- Skilled in optimizing sales opportunities with existing and walk-in customers.
- Entrepreneurial, ownership-oriented mindset
- Careful attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with customers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to derive innovative solutions.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly with customers; demonstrate confidence in dealing with his/her peers.
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Strong computer skills.
- Friendly, outgoing, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic personality.
- Successful sales record in a retail banking environment
- Extensive knowledge of bank services and products.
- Ability to promote sales of credit and loan service and completing credit and loan documentation.
- Demonstrated leadership and assertiveness
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
This position may require long periods of standing or sitting and may include long periods of typing and repetitive motion. Candidates must possess the ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
MidFirst Bank occupies a rare position within the banking industry. We are one of the largest privately owned banks in the United States and this combination of size and private ownership provides our customers with a special brand of banking. MidFirst Bank competes effectively with larger banks in terms of products and services, but provides customers the service and flexibility of a community bank.
MidFirst Bank received the highest ranking in the southwest region in the J.D. Power 2018 U.S. Retail Banking Satisfaction Study. With an index score of 877, MidFirst Bank achieved the highest overall score of any bank in the nation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Stay Connected - Join our Talent Community!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Stay Connected - Join our Talent Community!