Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Job ID: 10789
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri- 8:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M.- minimum
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
The Compliance Specialist will assist operational management in adhering to and responding to changes in the federal and/or state legal and regulatory environments related to products and services offered in the banking industry. This role will track and disseminate federal and state statutes, rules, guides, and regulations, and industry practices that affect the organization. In addition, the role may analyze and provide interpretation of related requirements, upon request. The Compliance Specialist may serve as the primary contact for assigned related compliance issues, questions, and research requests on topics that include, but are not limited to consumer protection laws (e.g.- Regulations C, E, and Z),and other lending and mortgage servicing requirements. This position will also serve as a contact for compliance issues, questions, and research requests on topics related to insurer and/or investor related requirements.
OTHER PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITES
1. Documents operational controls in place to ensure compliance with related requirements;
2. May provide input on compliance risk assessments;
3. Assisting operational management with enhancing or developing controls to address deficiencies;
4. Assisting operational management in addressing exceptions noted from audits, testing or quality control efforts;
5. Assist in responding to requests from regulators, as necessary;
6. Have general knowledge of all compliance subjects in order to participate in matters such as product development, consumer communications, policies and procedures, marketing and sales programs, alternative delivery methods, training, new/revised regulations and other business and regulatory initiatives;
7. Participates in job-specific training, continuing professional education and other various training programs, as required; and
8. Performs other duties, as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience;
2. 1 year of regulatory compliance or 1-2 years of banking/mortgage servicing experience, experience in a bank is preferred.
3. Ability to work collaboratively in a complex environment with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
4. Legal research and writing, evaluating applicability and drawing logical conclusions.
5. Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Advanced business software skills, including Word and Excel.
7. Maintaining confidentiality and exercising discretion in performing daily duties are required.
8. Ability to influence and motivate others to produce desired results.
9. Occasional travel may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Stay Connected - Join our Talent Community!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Stay Connected - Join our Talent Community!