Education Required: High School Diploma
Department: Bank - Norman Main
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Job ID: 10546
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Tellers are responsible for efficiently processing a variety of customer transactions while providing the highest level of service and identifying bank products and services that would be beneficial. Tellers must be proactive, friendly and courteous.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting customers and facilitating a welcoming and customer- focused environment.
- Processing customer transactions efficiently and accurately in a fast- paced environment while maintaining a balanced cash drawer and adhering to internal controls and procedures.
- Generating new business and expanding relationships with current customers by cross-selling bank products and services.
- Building customer loyalty by developing relationships and always offering exceptional service.
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by researching and identifying positive solutions.
*This position is required to participate in both informal and formal training (paid) and must successfully pass our Teller Certification test to be allowed to operate a Teller drawer. Formal training consists of a full week of training/ testing which is conducted within your first 3 weeks of employment and is scheduled Monday – Friday from 8a.m. –5 p .m.
*This list includes the current primary responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change, as needed, for the purpose of operational efficiency.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year previous Teller experience in a banking environment which requires sales and/ or referrals
- Excellent client-service skills, including oral and written communication with exceptional influencing skills
- Ability to effectively contribute to a positive team environment and work toward achieving goals
- Careful attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Must adhere closely to bank procedures and regulations.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with customers; demonstrate confidence in dealing with his/her peers.
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Strong computer and 10 key skills
- Outgoing, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic personality
- Knowledge of banking products and procedures
- Successful sales record in a retail sales or banking environment
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written Spanish) skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
This position may require long periods of standing or sitting and may include long periods of typing and repetitive motion. Candidates must possess the ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Stay Connected - Join our Talent Community!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Stay Connected - Join our Talent Community!